Why Install a Programmable Thermostat
Programmable thermostats have become increasingly popular over the last couple of decades and therefore thousands of homeowners are appreciating the benefits they offer. From making your home more comfortable to saving you money each month, there are many reasons why you should consider installing a programmable thermostat in your home.
Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
- Save Money Every Month. The biggest benefit to installing a programmable thermostat in your home is that it will save you money. If you use your thermostat to keep your home’s temperature 1 degree higher in the summer or also 1 degree lower in the winter, you’ll be able to save around 2% on your energy bill every month. But, if you’re able to lower or also raise it more than 1 degree, especially when you’re out of the house, you can save even more.
- Increase Your Home’s Energy Efficiency. Installing a programmable thermostat is also a fantastic way to improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is good for the environment and your pocketbook.
- Leverage the Latest Technology. Modern programmable thermostats often incorporate the latest technological innovations. Many models sync up with smartphone apps and some also notify homeowners if there’s an issue with their HVAC system.
Other Benefits of a Thermostat Upgrade
- Save Time Every Day. One thing all programmable thermostat owners enjoy is that they don’t have to adjust it several times throughout the day. When you install a programmable thermostat, you can set the temperatures based on certain times of day and also days of the week, and simply walk away.
- Keep Your Home’s Temperatures Stable. Programmable thermostats do a great job of keeping temperatures consistent. It will be in charge of turning the air conditioner or heater on in order to keep temperatures right where you want them. You’ll never have to worry about your home being too hot in the summer or too cold in the wintertime.
- Manage Your Climate Zones. If your HVAC system has multiple climate zones, installing a programmable thermostat is the best way to manage the climate throughout your entire house.
- Optimize Your Systems. Finally, programmable thermostats can optimize older and also newer heating and cooling systems. They help older and also newer HVAC systems run efficiently, which will increase their lifespan.
Contact D. McKeon Heating & Air Today!
The team here at D. McKeon Heating & Air typically finds it is worth spending a little extra money to install a programmable thermostat. It is one of the best ways to make sure your HVAC system operates at peak efficiency and that you and your family also stays comfortable all year long. And, what’s even better, is that it can help save you money on your utility bills each month. Therefore Contact D. McKeon Heating & Air today to learn what programmable thermostat we recommend for your home.