You want the air in your home to be as clean as possible. Poor indoor air quality creates health problems. Your HVAC system could be contributing to poor air quality. Installing UV lights is an important step in keeping the air in your home clean and healthy.
Benefits of UV Lights
Here are some of the benefits of investing in UV lights for your HVAC system.
- Keep your family healthy. A UV light will improve the air quality in your home. Bacteria, fungi, and mold can build up in your HVAC system over time. These pathogens are circulated in the air throughout your home and can make you sick. Poor air quality can also make allergy and asthma symptoms worse. Installing a UV light eliminates these contaminants at the source. UV-C light kills 90 percent of the microorganisms on the evaporator coils and air ducts.
- Improve airflow. Dirt and pollutants can accumulate in your HVAC system over time. This will lower its energy efficiency. The system will need to work harder to maintain the right temperature. A UV light will keep your system clean and allow smooth airflow.
- Lower your energy costs. Your HVAC system is responsible for a large part of your home’s energy use. Installing a UV light keeps your HVAC system running at optimal levels. By investing in a UV light, you can lower the energy consumption in your home by as much as 35 percent. You will enhance your home comfort and save money on heating and cooling bills.
Which UV Light Should I Install?
The experts at D. McKeon Heating & Air recommend installing a Bryant Preferred Series UV Lamp. Here are several of the benefits it offers.
- Kills mold and bacteria on cooling coils, and reduces build-up on coils.
- Silent operation ensures your comfort.
- It will improve the efficiency and airflow of your HVAC system.
- You’re covered if repairs are needed. The Bryant UV lamp includes a 5-year limited warranty (90-day warranty for UV bulbs).
To learn more about adding a UV light to your HVAC system, contact us today.