One of the least talked about but most important aspects of your comfort is humidity control. The summer humidity is way too high in our area, and the winter humidity is too low. Humidity can cause all kinds of trouble when it is high and when it is low. The solution is to maintain your humidity levels between 30-45% year-round. Let’s look at how this humidity affects your home, your health, and ultimately your comfort.
Issues from Humidity Control
Some things are occurring in your home that you may do not realize are caused by humidity swings. The first is as humidity rises in the summer, all the building materials and furnishings in your home absorb this moisture. This causes wood, hardwood floors, picture frames, trim and more to swell as it absorbs the excess moisture. As the humidity falls in the winter, all the wood, hardwood floors, picture frames, trim and more shrink and release the trapped moisture in the air.
You can see the result of the humidity swings in cracks in your trim, cracks in your hardwood, and any caulking. If your home has collectible antiques, high-end picture frames, or any other pieces of high value, you should know that the rise and fall of humidity are wreaking havoc on these pieces. In addition to the swelling and shrinking of everything in your home, you can also see humidity issues in your well-being.
In the winter, humidity is usually too low, which can lead to all kinds of problems. When it’s cold outside, you want your home as warm and comfortable as possible. However, if the relative humidity levels in your home drop below 30%, then you could be vulnerable to dry air – which can be difficult for anybody to manage but is especially difficult for those who have breathing difficulties, such as asthma or other respiratory ailments. When the humidity level drops below 30%, dry skin becomes an issue, and static electricity can become a problem. If you have ever felt it, then you know how difficult – almost painful sometimes – this feels when your fingers are rubbed together after walking across the floor.
Humidity can wreak havoc on your home, your health, and your comfort. In the winter, your home’s humidity levels should be between 30-35%. In the summer, your home’s humidity levels should be between 35-45%. If you think you might have a humidity problem, you can call us, and we can come out and take some measurements.
Benefits of Humidity Control
Please consider the Bryant Evolution High-Efficiency Heating & Air System. If you have humidity issues, call D McKeon Heating & Air for an appointment. As a rule of thumb, if you need a new HVAC system soon, just install a variable speed new HVAC system. Here are some of the benefits.
- Improved Airflow: The Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating & cooling system comes with a variable speed motor. This motor ensures consistent operation while operating at higher energy levels. This means you can experience improved airflow, better air quality, and superior comfort in every room.
- Quieter Performance: The Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating system has a high-tech sound-absorbing material that makes its operation felt but not heard. With quieter performance, you can relax and enjoy your indoor comfort system.
- Lower Utility Bills: The Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating & air system can have a higher SEER rating. This means the Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating system uses less energy, saving you money on your monthly energy bills. It also means that a Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating & air system pays for itself in the end.
- Environmentally Friendly: The Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating & cooling system makes going green easy. A high-efficiency heating system uses one-third less fuel, which preserves more of our earth’s natural resources.
- 10-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty: The Bryant Evolution high-efficiency heating & air system is an investment for your home. Not only does it increase the resale value of your home, but it also comes with a 10-year warranty. This means you get over 100 years of trusted, innovative technology from Bryant with superior installation from D. McKeon Heating and Air.
At D McKeon Heating & Air, your indoor comfort is our number one priority. Now is the perfect time to install a new Bryant high-efficiency heating & air system to ensure the humidity is no longer affecting your comfort. We offer a free replacement estimate, hassle-free financing, and always guarantee complete customer satisfaction.