When to Replace Your Heating and Cooling System
Here in Georgia, we all rely heavily upon our home’s heating and cooling system. It keeps us cool during the brutal Kennesaw summers and perfectly warm during the winter months. Unfortunately, these complex systems don’t last forever and your heating and cooling system will eventually need to be replaced. How do you know when it is time to replace your system? The D. McKeon Heating & Air team is here to help. We’ve put together a list of 6 symptoms that indicate it’s time to replace your HVAC system.
You Need an HVAC Replacement When
- You Can’t Get Comfortable – The first sign of needing an HVAC upgrade is if your system can’t keep you comfortable. Whether you’re battling poor airflow, high humidity or inconsistent temperatures – a new HVAC system may make all the difference.
- It Requires Constant Repairs – Another clear sign is if your HVAC system is constantly requiring repairs. As HVAC systems age, they become much less energy-efficient and they’ll need more and more repairs.
- You Have Major System Failures – Oftentimes it’s better to replace your HVAC system altogether if it experiences a major system failure. A major system failure might include a failing heat exchanger, motor or compressor.
- Your System is Old – HVAC systems aren’t designed to last longer than 15-20 years. After year 10, however, your system will start deteriorating faster and become less efficient as it ages. Once you’ve had your system for 10 years, you need to start planning to replace it. You should also consider installing an energy-efficient model. It’ll heat and cool your home more effectively, and it can save up to 20% on your utility bills.
- Your System is Noisy –If your heating and cooling system is terribly noisy, we need to look at it right away. Banging, grinding and knocking sounds often indicate a major system failure. We can help determine if you’d be better off repairing or replacing your unit.
- Your System Constantly Runs – Finally, if your heating and cooling system is constantly running, it might need to be replaced. Older systems have a much harder time keeping your home at the desired temperature.
Install a Bryant Evolution System
If you’re thinking about replacing your home’s HVAC system, you should consider installing a Bryant Evolution system. The Bryant Evolution system has highly-advanced communication capabilities. The system is energy-efficient and it does an excellent job of producing the exact temperatures you want. With this system, you’ll be able to control the temperature, humidity, air quality, fan speed and more. Contact D. McKeon Heating & Air today to learn more about these advanced HVAC systems.
Bryant HVAC Systems with D. McKeon Heating & Air
Here at D. McKeon Heating & Air, we’re ready to pair you with the best HVAC solution for your home and your budget. Contact us today to learn more about the Bryant Evolution system and other HVAC products from this industry-leading manufacturer. Call today!